A Tiny June Favorites Round-up

I realize that off late, since I've become a grown up and shit, I do tend to try out new products every month. Because I'm now willing to experiment and sometimes, new products find their way into my makeup/washbag/bathroom cabinet.

And I'd like to share.







The first thing I want to rave about is this palette my UK-return friend MUA got for me. It's the much talked about Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Bronze Palette. I've been stalking it on Youtube and people say it's the best thing since sliced bread. The pigmentation was said to rival the Naked's, for gods sake. So when she came back with this I was ecstatic. The color payoff is insane, and when I used them wet, they looked like a MAC paint pot colors, I kid you not. If anyone has access to it now, buy it. If you're not in a place where you have access to it, make friends with someone who does, and buy it. Did I mention it's 3 GBP/4.73 USD/300 INR? For 6 amazing shades?

I used to be a die-hard user of Dove shampoo back in the day. But suddenly, it stopped working. My hair started falling out and it just made it SO DARN FRIZZY. But over the past year, I've been loving it. It's really been working with my hair, making it super soft and manageable. When I saw that they had come out with the new Dove Nutritive Solutions Oxygen Moisture I was desperate to give it a try. And oh wow, does it work. It's a clear blue shampoo (different from the signature opaque liquid) and it actually volumizes and softens! There are so many claims that shampoos make these days (I think I've tried something from every brand and have been thoroughly disappointed through the years) but this, I feel actually DOES something. I bought the tiny bottle to try it but BIG SALON SIZE WITH PUMP HERE I COME.

I've been on the lookout for a starter night serum for a while now. I wanted to know how my skin would react to having something other than cream put onto it at night. When I was browsing Purplle.com at 3am, as you do, the Richfeel Skin Logix Advanced Night Repair Serum popped up. It had some rice protein in it's formula, and was a tiny bottle (245 INR for 25ml). Apparently, washing your face with rice water, it makes your skin softer and firmer. I did some Googling and the reviews  for this product were good. My face has been giving me pretty much no trouble but I have noticed that it's becoming pretty dull. So this had claims of brightening (I hate the term whitening) and I was like, gimme.
It has a little droplet applicator, and I dot it over my face post wash. I gently massage it in till it absorbs (it takes about 20 seconds). I will say that it is not the most amazing smelling serum. It is not unpleasant, but I think it's the rice protein that makes it smell like well, wet rice. Just bear with it till it sinks in.
I am happy to report that my poor sunburnt post-Andamans face is more or less back to normal, with some added life thrown in. Really happy with this.

Lastly, I've already raved about this in a previous post, but the Maybelline The Colossal Liner (on sale!) had to be thrown into this post. I've been using it every time I require liner on my face. And it's brilliantly jet black and matte, no half hearted charcoal grey situation.

So that was some rambling. I hope you guys have a great week!

Post a Comment

© Seriously Noir.. Design by Fearne.