The Budget Wine Lipstick

When I was running around Bangalore trying to find something to wear for a certain gig because a certain member of the band in question forgot to bring my bag of clothes that he was supposed to. He then patiently drove me to the mall to find something to wear. Needless to say I was laughed out of town by the remaining band members who don't seem to grasp the concept that good (black) clothes are a necessity. But they all intently listen when I tell them what to wear for shoots.
Jokes aside, their music is fucking good. Check them out here. </shamelesspublicitybyaproudfriend>

Anyway.

I knew I was running low on my holy grail wine lipstick - Loreal Moist Matte Lipstick in Arabian Night - and I was just going to repurchase it when I hit the Lakme counter. Now I've never really felt that Lakme do well in the longevity of their lipsticks, even though they get the shades pretty spot on for Indian skin. There was some discount too, so I was like, what the hell. I picked up what I thought would be a nice wine shade from the Enrich Satins range in number 421. Billed it.

Oh my Lord. I am OBSESSED. It lasted ALL freaking night. Through all the food and the drink. It's a brilliant creamy matte formula. I will say though, that it takes around 10 minutes to actually set into your lips properly. And when it does, it ain't going anywhere. Good job, Lakme!

Then I came home and decided to compare both.



Aside from the fact that the Loreal lipstick (below) is a tad bit more pink, I think for the girl that's in the market for a budget wine colored lipstick, this is the one you need. The Loreal is pretty well priced for the brand/quality (I am after a couple of other shades in the same line) and retails for around INR 899. The Lakme, on the other hand is a complete bargain at INR 230 (I snagged it for the righteous price of INR 180) and in my honest opinion - has pretty much the same quality.
Here is an old, slightly awkward blogpost of me reviewing Arabian Nights.
Let me know if any of you try either of these lipsticks out - I vouch for them both!

- A

Post a Comment

© Seriously Noir.. Design by Fearne.