The deal with deos






I am going to try and keep this post as rant-free and emotionless as possible, but this is something that I feel so strongly about, that I don't think that'll happen.
Apologies in advance.

I do not know what it is about some men and women in India. Without the fear of sounding like I'm pulling statistics out of my ass, I can safely say I am talking about a good 60-70% of the population.

When. When did it become alright, in a country as humid and sticky as ours (especially the southern states) to NOT WEAR ANTIPERSPIRANT? WHEN?

Yes, I am going to go ahead and add a disclaimer here and say that I am aware some people are allergic to roll-ons and I obviously cannot aim this at you guys.

I have gone to both school and college in Chennai, and I have had my fair share of bad body odor experiences. Girls AND boys, I'm talking about here. Socially aware and educated. The need to wear antiperspirant is equivalent to the need to brush your teeth with toothpaste. Imagine if we all rinsed our mouths with mouthwash every morning and didn't brush. That kinda thing.

Let me blow your mind.
Most companies/websites sell you the picture that Deo sprays are antiperspirants. No. They're not.
IT'S A TRAP.
Spraying Axe or KS or Wild Stone or any other weird sexually innuendo-ed sprays do not stop you from sweating, hence the that is what ANTIPERSPIRANTS do.
So spraying yourself with that isn't going to do shit for you once you head outside and get your sweat on.

Dousing yourself in perfume is NOT the way to start your day, idiots. Your 5K Cool Water isn't fooling anyone.

I know that aerosol deos are deemed as harmful and all that jazz. I don't use it anymore, myself. But there are roll ons.
And god, the number of times I've gently tried to hint at it, asking people to wear deo, I get 'Oh, I don't sweat that much.'

That doesn't mean you don't smell like day old garbage under your pits. It's offensive and unfair.

It isn't fair that certain people think that B.O isn't even a problem and that they can subject the person sitting or working around them to it.

Your underarms pack in a tremendous amount of heat and ferment the bacteria that hang around there or some really gross shit and hence, let off stink waves. #sciencereference #credibility

People please. Wake up. This isn't something I can go around telling individuals and I'm sure a lot of people have been in the same boat as me.

Share this post on your wall, maybe and people will take a hint :P

EDIT :
For men : Highly recommended from well, man sources. Old Spice and Nivea
For women : I love Nivea Whitening and Sure (couldn't find a link but it's available any old where!)


Post a Comment

© Seriously Noir.. Design by Fearne.