A Bronzed face and Berry lips




I recently had the pleasure of  having my makeup done by my best friend and MUA Shrutilaya a.k.a Shlaya - visit her blog here. Okay, no one really calls her that but any of you who read her blog, you'll know who I mean.

This whole situation was for some work that she needed to get done, so as I have absolutely nothing to do these days, I was like OK PROFESSIONAL MAKE UP = SELFIES.

Clearly, I have my priorities down.

But I ended up being absolutely obsessed with the look she did on me. It was this clean bronzed face, with some strobing (basically a highlighting technique that is very much in vogue, you end up looking like someone lit you up from within. So glowy and pretty) and a nice berry lip.
I think this is something that I'm going to be wearing a lot, perfect for both day and nighttime makeup, depending on what kind of lip you go for.

She used a bunch of pro products on me, which I am probably never going to own, but I thought, for the benefit of myself and my readers - I asked her for breakdown with products that you can definitely find in and around your area/online.

Foundation - L'Oreal True Match - I've used this personally and they have the most amazing range of shades, so the chances of getting almost an exact match are pretty high. I love the finish. Definitely try it in stores before you buy it online, though.

Highlight - To highlight under the eyes, cheekbones and forehead, use the Maybelline Dream lumi Touch Concealer a.k.a the broke girl's Touch Eclat.
Use the Revlon Highlighting Palette in Bronze Glow as your bronzer/highlight mix on your cheeks and for any contouring that you need.

Also, use setting powder only under the eyes and around the nose. We don't want that dewy glow to go away! 

Eyes - Use the darkest shade in your Revlon Highlighting Palette on your eyelid, and the lightest shade on your inner corner. Finish with some generous coats of mascara to really open your eyes up, on the top and bottom lashes. (I personally love L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Mascara)

Lips - There are two suggestions that she gave me that'd work with this look, MAC Rebel and the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush. But you can literally wear any berry lipstick/balm/stain that you think would work!

I know have additions to my 'Things to buy when I'm not broke' list.
Sigh.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment

© Seriously Noir.. Design by Fearne.